Data Protection & Privacy Statement
We are concerned with the protection of your privacy and this also applies for the handling of your data during your visit of our website.
The handling of your personal data, in particular on which data we collect and analyse and how such data is used, is as follows.
- What are Cookies?
- Cookies We Use?
- Cookie Management
- Want to Learn More?
1. What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of information, stored in simple text files, placed on your computer or device by a website. Cookies can be read by the website on your subsequent visits. The information stored in a cookie may relate to your browsing habits on the web page, or a unique identification number so that the website can "remember" you on your return visit. Generally speaking, cookies do not contain personal information from which you can be identified, unless you have provided such information to our website. Cookies do not in any way compromise the security of your computer.
If you visit our website, we will deploy these technologies to provide an online service more suited to the device you connect from, as well as to prevent and detect fraud, keeping you secure. When you visit our website from any device (mobile, tablet or PC), we collect information about your use of this site, such as information about the device or browser you use to access the site (including device type, operating system, screen resolution etc.), the way you interact with this site, and the IP address your device connects from. You may not be able to initiate or complete some activities unless these cookies or similar technologies are installed.
3. Cookies We Use
The type of cookie used on this website can be put into 1 of 4 categories, based on the International Best practice: Strictly Necessary, Performance, Functionality & Profile and Targeting. We have also provided detail on Third Party Cookies.
We use the following types of cookie:
A. Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential, as they ensure your security and privacy when you use our secure sites, as well as enabling you to move around a website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you've asked for (such as access to secure areas) can't be provided. These cookies don't gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you've been on the internet.
This category cannot be disabled.
B. Functionality Cookies
These cookies allow a website to remember choices you make (such as your username, language or the region you're in) and tailor the website to provide enhanced features and content for you. For instance, they can be used to remember login details, changes you've made to text size, font and other parts of pages that you can customise.
Cookie Name Description
allowCookies A value that indicates whether you accept cookies and propagates them on future requests
4. Cookie Management
You can control how cookies are placed on your device either via Your Cookies Setting on this website or from within your own browser.
From a timing perspective, please note the following:
- Session cookies – these enable us to keep track of your movements from webpage to webpage on our website, and are required for the operation of our website. These cookies are temporary and are deleted as soon as you close your internet browser. It includes, for example, cookies that enable you to use a shopping cart on our website.
- Persistent cookies - these are stored on your computer or device until they expire or you remove them. These cookies help us to recognize you when you return to our website. Persistent cookies store your personal preferences such as your language preferences on multi-lingual sites to make subsequent visits easier. They also remember questions we have asked you previously, such as a request to complete an online survey. A persistent cookie will prevent you from being asked to complete the same survey every time you visit the website.
What happens to cookies that have been downloaded in the past?
If you've disabled one or more cookie categories, we may still use information collected from existing cookies, but we'll stop using the disabled cookies to gather any further information. You can delete existing cookies from your browser.
What if I don't want to accept cookies?
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by any website, including the Elavon website, you should do this through the browser settings for each browser you use, on each computer or device you use to access the internet.
Please be aware that some of our services may not function if your browser does not accept cookies. However, you can allow cookies from specific websites by making them "trusted websites" in your internet browser.
5. Want to Learn More?
You may wish to visit www.allaboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wider variety of browsers including mobile internet browsers.
Block E, 1st Floor, Cherrywood Business Park, Loughlinstown, Co. Dublin, Ireland.
Registered in Ireland No 418442. Elavon Merchant Services is a trading name of Elavon Financial Services DAC
Elavon Financial Services DAC is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
6. Confidentiality and Security
Within Elavon and our Affiliates, we recognize that you expect your Personal Information to be kept secure. We therefore restrict access to your Personal Information to those of our employees who need to know that information to provide products and services to you, including the Elavon Services. We have established physical, technical and administrative security processes that are commensurate with the sensitivity of the information collected to safeguard Personal Information. We have routine internal and external oversight practices in place to assess and maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard your information.
7. What Information We Disclose
We share your Personal Information in the following ways:
- Certain Elavon Services are provided to you through Elavon’s affiliates, and it may be necessary to share your Personal Information with these affiliates.
- Any organisation who introduced us or who acts on your behalf to allow them to provide services to you and/or to allow them to conduct, monitor and analyse their business.
- We will share your Personal Information with our marketing partners who will advise you of new products and services from Elavon to assist in the growth and development of your business.
- We will share your Personal Information where it is required to protect our interests, or someone else's interests. For example, our professional advisors in order to obtain advice in relation to our relationship with you or courts, independent auditors or law enforcement agencies. For example, in response to claims, to prevent fraud or during the course of an audit.
- Any person to whom we assign or sub-contract any of the rights or obligations under our agreement with you.
- We will share your Personal Information with regulators where we are required to do so to comply with our regulatory obligations.
- We will share your Personal Information with third parties where we are required to do so by law.
8. When do we transfer your Personal Information overseas?
When data is transferred to countries outside of Ireland and the European Economic Area those countries may not offer an equivalent level of protection for Personal Information to the laws in Ireland.
If we do so we will put in place appropriate controls to ensure that Your Information is protected adequately, in particular through standard data protection model clauses adopted by the European Commission. For more information about these controls please contact us at EUDataProtectionOffice@elavon.com.
9. For how long do we keep your information?
As a general rule, Elavon will not keep your information for longer than is necessary.
- If you submit a query and you are a customer of ours, we will keep Your Information for as long as we have a contract with you and for as long as we need Your Information for regulatory or evidential purposes after expiry of termination of your contract.
- However, where we have statutory obligations to keep Personal Information for a longer period or where we may need your Personal Information for a longer period in case of a legal claim, then the retention period may be longer. For more information on retention please contact the data protection team at EUDataProtectionOffice@elavon.com.
10. Your rights
Individuals have the following rights under data protection legislation:
- a right to ask for a copy of their personal data
- a right to ask Us to delete or correct any information We hold about them that is inaccurate;
- a right to request erasure of information in certain circumstances;
- a right to data portability (this is a risk to ask for Your Information in a commonly used electronic format where information has been provided by the individual and the legal basis for processing that information is consent or contractual necessity);
- a right to restrict processing and a right to object to processing activities in certain circumstances;
- a right to stop Your Information from being used for direct marketing purposes; and
- a right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission (or other supervisory authority in the European Union) if You believe that Your Information has not been processed in accordance with the requirements of the data protection legislation.
Where any processing is based on consent you have a right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at EUDataProtectionOffice@elavon.com.
12. Want to Learn More?
We have appointed a data protection officer who has responsibility for advising us on our data protection obligations. You can contact the data protection officer using the following details:
Address: Data Protection Officer, Elavon Financial Services DAC, Cherrywood Business Park, Loughlinstown, Dublin 18, D18 W319.
In any event, we would be happy to hear from you and provide you with further details on how we use your Personal Information to provide you with the best service and products.